Making progress

Last week I have managed to produce three paintings and prepped a load of other boards,  finally feeling confident again in the route I’m pursuing. Returning to step A of my project but now I actually have a fully realised intent for its purpose. Working from postcards (currently ones I wrote to myself) that are reproductions of old photographs, I then reproduce a zoomed in section of the image, abstracting what the image and the item is. I have reverted to my old way of painting, which as discussed with my tutor, adds a filter to it that brings the idea of it being a memory again. But this works for me, bringing my work together whilst they are separate bodies.

E745572B-CD3E-4DF7-B6D8-B98AA748411A.jpeg

On Friday I held a tutorial with a lovely undergrad as part of one of my modules. I’ve been quite excited about this part of the course out of curiosity of other’s work and to see the how the teaching aspect works. I was really intrigued in her work and i could give some advice that I’ve learnt along the way in my own practice. Also quite flattering that she remembers my work from Undergrad.

Advertisements